a little bit of this and a little bit of that

a little bit of this and a little bit of that
georgia peach

Monday, September 10, 2012

Fly Away Little Birdie ..Come Back Soon

This year, my life has dramatically changed. My first little hatching has flown the coop.. off to college. It is scary and awesome at the same time. The emotions are mixed with excitement and fear. I have always tried my best to raise her to be independent and to be able to take care of herself. Now that I took her to college, and she is all settled in... She says she is all grown up now.. I wonder I hope she eats right and gets enough rest. I hope that she takes precautions when getting into other people's cars...or going places that i know not of. The hard part for me, is that I have always protected my kids and they think too much at times.. so for me not to know where she is or whom she's with.. that is the tough part.. so I have to trust the Lord that He is able to keep her in his constant care. I pray that those few short years that she was with me.. she learned what she needs to survive and succeed. It is my goal not to smother her at this point , you know with still trying to keep the apron strings attached to her. But to let her grow and become who she really is. No matter how old she becomes or mature.. she is still my baby girl and I will always be her mama. Fly away little birdie... Fly! Fly as high as the sky will take you.. live life to the fullest and make all your dreams come true.. But don't fly forever.. cuz I miss you already and love to hear the chirp in your voice.. Come home and tell me all about your grand adventures.. I want to hear them all. If you ever start to fall, know that I am here for you and will help you in any way I can. I know that you will make some mistakes, and have heart aches a long the way.. I am here with open arms... To hug you tight cuz I know it won't be long until you fly away again and make a coop of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment