a little bit of this and a little bit of that

a little bit of this and a little bit of that
georgia peach

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Dirt is Cleaner Than Your Dirt

Sometimes if you look around you will see people of all sorts shapes and sizes.
If you look even just a little, you will see that people are imperfect in many ways.

If you continue to inspect the others around you, you may start to feel pretty good about yourself, because my goodness this or that is wrong with that other person.

I was thinking that Dirt is Dirt.. it may be in the form of cobwebs on the ceiling or dust on the piano top. Dirt may be tracked in on the floor during muddy seasons.

Slop may be dragged in on wet soggy boots and coats after a good sled riding session, and there are all forms of dirt and filth that present itself on a normal daily basis.

I think people-dirt is like different forms of dirt. See like this..

A person may have a totally spotless house, they get all dressed up and go to church.

Boy! Can they smile and act like they have it all together. Oh yeah, they are super great acting on the outside.


But guess what, under that pretty facade, they may be the most bitter unforgiving person, full of anger, malice pride arrogance, self righteousness, piety, slander, gossip. Perhaps they hate other people, maybe by racism, perhaps for a past hurt that was bestowed by that person.

Chances are that you know one of these people. Perhaps it may be you, yourself that is like this.. hiding the real dirt of your life, because society says one must be such and such..

It could be me. There are days that I look good on the outside and to someone who barely knows me.. I may look great, and underneath that little smile, there might be anger welling up that is not of God or some other thing that looks like Dirt.

I am saying that a person can have a spotless house, both physically and proverbially and yet still be dirty.

Oh they may not be using drugs or killing someone, maybe not even ever committed a dastardly deed in their life.

As for me, I have committed many sins, likely broken all the 10 commandments..
perhaps not physically murdering someone, but when I thought evil about them, them Jesus says that I murdered them in my heart.

We get this idea that just because we may not be committing the big societal sins, that "My Dirt is Cleaner Than Your Dirt."

Jesus tells us that we are not to be white washed tombs, you know like the fence in Tom Sawyer's story.. nice and pretty on the outside, but really dirty underneath, full of the things that go against the Lord. SIN.

SIN= ANYTHING THAT YOU SAY THINK OR DO THAT DISPLEASES GOD.

If you know it to be sin and you continue to do it, that's dirt to God.

If you are given a set of instructions and you only choose to obey part of them, perhaps you have no trouble helping the widows in your church, but you completely ignore the prisoners, with the attitude of they get what they deserve..

That is dirt to God... I could go on.. if you cuss, (of which i am guilty too, and tons of other things that i don't need to mention.)
If you deny others their goodly due. If you look away when you see a brother or sister in the Lord struggling, if you can help and you do not, if you do help and are puffed up over it.. like look what I did.. oh friend the list of dirt can go on forever.

I do not have the time or energy to list all hundreds of thousands things that are considered Dirt to God.

Each one of us knows the dirt that is within us. Most likely, if you are similar to me, we don't need someone else to point out our Dirt? Right.

Here is what God has to say about Dirt(SIN):
1) ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.
2) JESUS DIED FOR ALL PEOPLE
3) IF YOU CONFESS YOUR SINS HE IS FAITHFUL AND JUST TO
FORGIVE ALL YOUR SINS AND CLEANSE YOU FROM ALL YOUR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS
4) IF ANY MAN (OR WOMAN) HEAR HIS VOICE AND OPEN THE DOOR(TO THEIR HEART)
HE WILL COME IN AND CLEAN THE HOUSE AND YOU WILL BE WHITER THAN SNOW.

I like it when my physical house is clean. But I would rather that the house in my heart is clean and right before God. Not just for my spiritual salvation (which is of up most importance) but also that I am clean in my thoughts and attitudes, in the way I conduct myself in all aspects of my life.

If you talk to my kids or my family, they will quickly tell you that I am not perfect. No but I am quick to ask for forgiveness(most of the time).

So I challenge you to take a look at the Dirt in your life and see if "your dirt is clean" or if it is Just that ... dirt...

Jesus can make you sparkling clean.. will you let him..

No comments:

Post a Comment