a little bit of this and a little bit of that

a little bit of this and a little bit of that
georgia peach

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Santa: From a Good Mother..

Dear Santa:
I have been a good mother this year: well almost
I have to admit there were a couple of times I yelled and even got mad.
but you might have too: if:
You had to lift your toilet off the floor 7 times (buy a new one twice);
clean up 3,650 messes some big some small;
drag the cat out of the toilet 4 times;
pull 2 small children back to safety a couple dozen times or more;
answer 16 million questions of WHY?;
come up with a reason that IT IS FAIR 4,200 times,
clean up pee, poop and projectile vomit;
chase the dog down a zillion times;
break up 1,200 fights (a day);
scrub marker off the walls more times than I care to remember;
stepped in dog dirt too many times;
cleaned broken glass out of your foot that no one knew how it got broken in the first place;
The list could go on forever, but this is what I want to say.... Santa if I could ask for a few minor things, this is what they would be:
A toilet that isn't clogg-able, or one that you can see clear through the ceramic right where it is clogged and have a tool to quickly remove it without all the mess.
How about a robot that could keep the house spotless and the children well groomed.
A Car that filled itself with gas every time.
And kids that didn't fuss, argue or whine.
Do you think you could throw in a moment of sanity so I might remember if I took a shower that day.
I know I am sounding greedy, now Santa, but maybe you could even give me a day when all of my children acted like perfect angels, said "YES MOMMY, right away"
and hair and clothes that looked just right like the movie stars on tv.
Would it be too much to ask for a solid night of sleep without the children waking up screaming or having to go pee.
Oh Santa, I know it's an awfully long list, and I am sure I forgot a few things , like thankful children and a loving husband who always called me love and honey.. and dare I say a pocket full of money... to spend just on me?
(Oops! You should over look that one.. I was just kidding..)
But hey! I figure if you could make Rudolph and all his buddies fly around the world..
You could check my list, twice... if need be and say YEAH WHAT THE HECK.... after all she has been a good mother this year.. Well Almost!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment